Mentoring brings us together — across generation, class, and often race — in a manner that forces us to acknowledge our interdependence, to appreciate, in Martin Luther King, Jr.’s words, that ‘we are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied to a single garment of destiny.
– Marc Freedman –
WBN is excited to launch this new initiative and see the development of all the mentees. We believe it will be a fulfilling journey toward our ultimate goal of providing equal chances for every student.
Launch of the programme:
About the programme
Mentorship Programme is an initiative aiming to create meaningful connections between inspiring professionals and aspiring students. We hope to foster the transition from university to the work floor by giving students the chance to talk to specialists from various fields of expertise they are interested in and consider pursuing during their careers. The programme strives to contribute to both the personal and professional development of the students as well as bridge the skills, knowledge and opportunity gap between genders. Our main values are education, development, skills, networking and equality.
We are looking for people who have a passion for helping students grow personally and professionally.
What are the benefits of being a mentor?
- Official recognition on the WBN website and social media platforms: Use the opportunity to gain visibility and raise awareness about your personal brand and your company
- Access to the Erasmus University Rotterdam talent pool: Connect with students from one of the best business universities in the world to find new ambitious talents
- Giving back to the community: Expand your network while being the mentor of the university students you wish you had during your studies
- Personal satisfaction: Help students develop themselves and assist them through their journey of growth
- Personal development: Enhance your interpersonal and communication skills through mentoring students
How many mentees does a mentor have under their wings?
WBN would like the programme to be as beneficial to all the parties involved as possible. Our mentors can choose whether they would like to mentor one or two mentees.
What is the time commitment?
WBN estimates the time devoted to the programme by a mentor to be 3-4 hours per mentee per month. This interval takes into account the preparation time before each mentoring session, the duration of two mentoring sessions, as well as a feedback meeting with our team.
Would you like to support our initiative by becoming a mentor?
Do you still wonder about your dream career? Maybe you have your future figured out, but do not know how to get there? Or are you currently pursuing an internship and experiencing problems in the work environment and would like to talk to a professional about it?
Do not worry! WBN Mentorship Programme connects EUR students with experienced professionals to provide guidance and advice tailored to each individual. Our mentors are prepared to give both general advice (e.g. guide you through the process of choosing your career path, handling conflicts at work, and asking for a promotion) as well as field-specific help.
Who can apply?
All EUR students are welcome to apply! We are open to both Bachelor and Master students from all faculties and fields of study. Our only requirement is that you are motivated, open-minded and eager to learn from your mentor ?
Are there any costs associated with taking part in the programme?
No, the programme is free for all students!
Will the programme take place online or offline?
The official launch of the programme and the closing event of the year will be held offline. The mentoring sessions between you and your mentor can take place either online or offline, depending on the preferences of both parties.
What is the time commitment?
As a mentee, you are required to be committed to the programme throughout the year. We expect that you:
- prepare for the mentoring sessions by forming questions for your mentor (20-40 minutes per session)
- attend 4 mentoring sessions between you and your mentor (45-60 minutes per session). We encourage you to make the most out of the opportunity to schedule more meetings at your own discretion
- write a reflection report (2-3 hours in total)
Can I choose my mentor myself?
WBN is responsible for pairing mentors with mentees. You can express your interest in being mentored by a specific person, however, our team cannot guarantee that you will be assigned to your preferred mentor.
Are you ready to start your journey with us?
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us here.
We look forward to receiving your enquiries!